Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Snow Day




A couple of weekends ago we went up to the snow at Mt. Lassen. The girls had been asking to go sledding and make a snowman. So we headed up to Mt. Lassen about 45 min. away. When we got there we were the only ones in the parking lot. We thought it was a little strange. Then we got out of the car and there was a chilling wind blowing. Well, maybe that was why. I looked at Matthew and I told him that we might just have taken a drive to turn around and go home. I didn't think the girls were going to go for it as it was so cold with the wind. We got them all bundled up and walked to the hill. Amazingly where the hill was we were surrounded by trees, there was no wind and the sun was shinning. We ended taking off layers because we got hot and we were joined by many others as the day wore on. The girls enjoyed the time thoroughly. We even sat in the snow and had our lunch. Chesnie gets extremely attached to her snowman. She did the same thing last year. When I told her it was time to go she said that she didn't want to leave her snowman. She said, "But it makes me so sad mom. I will never see him again." I don't know why she gets so attached, I mean it's snow for goodness sake! She even had me make a tiny one that she held in her arms and carried around all day. All in all it was a success. We are thankful that we have snow so close to our house and that we were able to enjoy a beautiful day in God's glory.




4 comments:

Jenny said...

Such cute girls!! I love them!!! That is so sad about Ches & her snowman. Poor girlie- she's going to be traumatized winter after winter saying goodbye to all her snowmen. :( Looks like you had fun!

Jenny said...

Oh & when are you going to come jump on our "jumpolene" again? :)

Lorissa said...

The girls are adorable in those photos. And how cute that Chesnie doesnt want to leave her snowman...

Karla Quiz said...

you guys had a blast clearly. how cute. I want to be making a snowman..