Friday, July 31, 2009

Salem, OR-Caleb's 2nd birthday













































The girls and I made a trip to Salem, OR for our little man, Caleb's 2nd birthday. We had a great time and enjoyed the cooler weather. We love the Brownies and miss them so much. It is always nice to go for a visit to spend some much needed quality time together. Caleb loves the girls, following them everywhere and doing whatever they want. He calls out Che, Che (for Chesnie) all day and calls Mattie Ma and me Co. I was privileged enough to be there for his birth and rejoice that I could be there when he turned 2! We also celebrated Mattie's birthday since they couldn't be in Redding for her party. Our favorite part of the trip was picking blueberries! We are huge fans of blueberries but they are so darn expensive. We picked 20lbs at about $1/lb. I know, you are jealous. The kids ate more than they picked and had fun doing it. Matthew couldn't believe how much we brought home. We have been enjoying them ever since, we just had a banana blueberry smoothie yesterday. I got to enjoy some one on one time with my best friend, Kara, along with the best chocolate cake you have ever had and some great tea. We had a wonderful time and can't wait for Labor day when we will return with Matthew in tow!

No comments: