Monday, December 6, 2010

Miller Christmas Letter 2010

Christmas Greetings from up North!

As we head back down the mountain with another beautiful Mt. Shasta Christmas tree in the back of our pick up we thank God for such a beautiful area to live and reflect upon the blessings He has given us. This Miller family is happy to say we made it through another year. There have been some difficulties but we are able to thank God for being with us.

Mattie Bella is 6 years old and in first grade. She has really blossomed in home school this year and has become a great reader and amazing artist. She has really grasped the joy in learning which is fun for me to see. She is still an avid Tinker Bell fan and loves to be a 2nd mommy to Ches. She also became a great swimmer this summer, swimming the whole length of the pool. She is taking gymnastics and despite being the smallest she is excelling.

Chesnie Grace is 4 years old. She so badly wants to be in school so I have started working with her too. She is a smart little thing and has already learned all the sounds of the alphabet and how to write all her letters. She also has an amazing memory, memorizing whole books word for word and a very inquisitive mind, always asking questions. She is still a ball of energy never in one place too long. She also became a great swimmer this summer, even jumping off the diving board. Chesnie is taking a gymnastic class too and doing very well. She has taken quite an interest in singing, sometimes doing more of it than talking.

On to our blessings:

-We were able to take the girls to Disneyland with my parents in October. It was so fun for all of us to see the wonder through their eyes. We had been there 5 minutes and Ches said, "This is the best place in the world!"

-Matthew and I were so blessed to be able to take a trip, just the two of us, to Jamaica. My parents kept the girls for the week and spoiled them like crazy. Matthew and I had a very peaceful, relaxing time in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.

-We were blessed with a new pickup truck from Matthew's dad. Ron lost his battle with cancer and went home on April 30th. It has been hard without him, but we are so thankful he is healed and celebrate that he is with Jesus. We have also seen God lift his mom, Carol, up and sustain her through this hard year.

-Matthew is starting a 2 month teaching job that we pray will help him get a foot back in the door of teaching. It is still his desire to teach and we continue to wait on the Lord for this.

Fishing Highlights

-Watching Chesnie catch her 1st fish at the cabin

-Watching Mattie catch a 21" rainbow trout at the kids fishing day in Mt. Shasta (bigger than any trout Matthew has ever caught)

-It is so much fun for Matthew to pass on to the girls the things he learned from his dad

-Matthew catching a fat 16" wild rainbow trout on Father's Day

I am enjoying home schooling the girls. I have enjoyed taking a kick boxing class now for about a year and a half. I also started running and ran the 6 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I continue to enjoy reading and keep a blog (http://www.booknerd-corrie.blogspot.com/) with all the books I've read. I had some health problems this summer, my body was just plain worn out and couldn't go anymore. I had quite a scary experience at church but many people were praying for me. I rested and took it really easy over the summer and had friends pray for my healing and God was so gracious and brought me back to full health, not a problem since.

Another year watching our girls grow. Another year of watching God's hand in our lives. Another year full of His beauty. Another year thanking God for being Lord of our lives.


Merry Christmas and many of His blessings,

Matt, Corrie, Mattie and Chesnie Miller

1 comment:

Mama Quiz said...

Thanks for the letter and to remind me to count my blessings at this time of year! I love you guys and feel like I have missed so much can't wait to see you this summer. Don't let the girls forget their Aunt Lori!!