Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

We went to the Bay Area for Easter and enjoyed time with our families. The girls had a great time dying eggs. I think they each decorated a dozen of them. Then when they took their nap my mom and I decided we needed a turn at it. We dyed a dozen of our own! What great fun getting creative. We went to my parents church where the girls enjoyed singing Jesus Loves Me with their Papa. Then we rushed home and got the meal together where Matthew's parents and brother Rick and sister in law Tanya joined us. The meal was delicious and had great reviews from everyone. Then it was time to fill the eggs and begin the hunt. I think the girls had 100+ eggs to find, just the two of them. They had their baskets overflowing! Then we sat and watched them open all their eggs to find the surprises within and the gifts from Grandma and Grandpa. Then we went through the story of Jesus with the Resurrection Eggs and enjoyed some strawberry shortcake for dessert. A great time was had by all. The day ended with the girls and Papa watching The Great Easter Beagle (Charlie Brown ).

The hunt is on

Ches had this surprise face every time she found an egg

Mattie's loot

Precious girls


Mattie and mama

Being silly

Me and my girls

Personality coming through

The girls and their pretty Easter dresses

The first egg being decorated

The girls decorating with Gma

Mattie and her intensity

Ches enjoying the fun

All the colorful eggs

3 comments:

Jenny said...

So fun!!! I LOVE the girls' Easter dresses. These pics are all too cute.

Koko Quiz said...

cute.cute girls...Love the Easter eggs. AWESOME!!

Mama Quiz said...

On the' precious girls' picture Chesnie reminds me so much of pictures of myself when I was little! Makes me do a double take. Mostly through the eyes and nose.
Sorry about the job falling through! We will keep praying! God has the perfect spot for you. Probably in Colorado!!!